An interview is highly suggested and always free. Hiring a doula that you feel comfortable with and understands you is an essential part of getting the birth experience you desire.
Birth Support Package
This package includes:
- One Prenatal Appointment. This 2 hour appointment in your home is for us to get to know each other. For me to find out how I can be support you. To discuss your birth plan and your specific needs. It is also for us to go over any questions you may have about the labor and delivery process.
- Unlimited email, text and phone calls. Once I become your doula you can email, text or call me about any concerns, questions or vents you may have. Also as your due date approaches I ask that you keep in touch with me more often with updates on your prenatal appointments and signs of labor.
- 24/7 Labor On-Call support. 2 weeks before your due date I become on-call for your birth. I am ready at a moments notice to be by your side to support you.
- Unlimited Labor Support. Once you are in active labor I am by your side to support you physically and emotionally. I generally start my support with you while you labor at home and will then follow you to your birthing site for further support. I will stay with you for the entire labor and delivery, including those who may need a caesarean. I will remain with you until about 2 hours postpartum when you and your family are settled and ready to rest.
- Breastfeeding Support. I will assist with initial breastfeeding latching. I am also available during the immediate postpartum days for text/phone emotional and informational breastfeeding support.
- One Postnatal Appointment. This is for us to wrap up our time together. We will discuss your birth. I can answer any questions about your birth that you may not remember or I can just watch you bask in the glow of your beautiful birth. I can also further support you with breastfeeding or newborn questions. I always bring a healthy snack for my new mothers. I will also do some modest postpartum doula work such as light housekeeping or babysitting so mom can shower or nap.
Birth and Bonding Package
This package include:
All of the above as described:
- One Prenatal Appointment
- Unlimited email, text or phone calls
- 24/7 On-Call support
- Unlimited Labor Support
- Breastfeeding Support
This Package also includes:
- Three Postnatal Appointments. The 1st postnatal appointment will be as described above. In addition you will also get 2 one hour long private infant massage classes. These classes promote family bonding, help ease common childhood ailments like teething and colic as well as helps baby sleep better. Included in the classes are a detailed picture instruction booklet and your own bottle of massage oil.
I happily serve both home and hospital birthing families in Ulster and Dutchess County, NY. Some of the comfort measures I provide are massage, aromatherapy and positioning. I am always compassionate, calm and understanding. I combine my professional training and personal experience as a mother to help mothers get the birth experience they want and deserve for themselves and their baby.
Additional prenatal visits, postpartum visits, or private infant massage classes are available upon request and will be an additional fee. I also assist my mothers with baby wearing, cloth diapering and breastfeeding information.
Package costs are available upon inquiry. My rate is comparable to those in the Hudson Valley. I also offer payment plans and accept credit cards if needed.
Swaddled in Love Doula Services assists hospital birthing families in Northern Dutchess, Vassar Brothers Medical Center, and Kingston Hospital. I serve home birthing families in (but not limited to) Kingston, Saugerties, Stone Ridge, Marbletown, Accord, High Falls, New Paltz, Woodstock, Olivebridge, Port Ewen, Highland, West Park, Red Hook, Tivili, Rhinebeck, Rhinecliff, Hyde Park, Poughkeepsie, Fishkill, and Wappingers Falls. I travel about 30 miles around the Kingston, NY area.